Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

MTW Challenge - EVERYDAY & BUGS AND BIRDS

"Sometimes life tells you to tilt your head, sideways squint, peer through a new perspective." 
- Angie Weiland-Crosby

We hope that this month's challenge at More Than Words will help you look at the difficult circumstances the world finds itself in a little differently, and gain some well-deserved peace!

The word inspiration is EVERYDAY, and the creative inspiration is BUGS and/or BIRDS.  I have always found the natural world to be very soothing and peaceful, so I really enjoyed this challenge.


I found a wooden plank down in my craft supplies and decided to make a home decor piece.  After painting it with clear gesso, I stenciled it with texture paste using Studio Katia grid stencil.  I glued on some lace bits for texture and sprayed it with misc sprays that I had on hand.


Next I took a Tim Holtz Cathedral Window and embossed it with Pam Bray's Butterscotch Rock Candy embossing powder.  This embossing powder is really luscious and has pieces of rock in it.  To be able to emboss it to the material the cathedral window is made of, I covered the window in 3in1 Beacon's adhesive,  and put it in a 200 degree oven for 15 minutes.  This held onto the powder so it didn't blow away, and I was then able to use my heating tool to melt the embossing powder as usual.  I really love the effect it gave to the window.


To embellish the plank, I added Graphic 45 flowers, overtop of a piece of Dusty Attic Chipboard.  I embellished the flowers with some Tim Holtz transparent wings and the butterfly is from one of his ephemera packs.


I hope you'll give the challenge a try.  We always give you some hints on how to start thinking about your projects: 

We do many things in our EVERYDAY lives that we barely think about. It’s time to get those memories recorded in your art! What is something you do in your everyday life that you would love to look back on and remember later? Or is there something special you do every day that you’ve never thought to create about. Here is your chance! We need to see in your project how our word inspired you. If it isn’t obvious in your work, then please explain it in your post.
The creative challenge is easy – just add some BUGS and/or BIRDS to your project. You can add just one or as many as you like.

The following companies are all contributing prizes this month:  Kora Projects, Lindy's, Mintay, Scrapmatts, Thompson's Craft Supplies, 2 Crafty, and 49 and Market.   

You can check out the challenge here and see all the other fabulous inspiration the Design Team has created.

Happy Creating!

Linda



No comments:

Post a Comment