Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Saturday, December 17, 2016

Oh Deer Winterscape Luminary

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share what has been one of my favorite things I've made for Christmas this year!


This is an SVG file called Winterscape Card that I purchased from Dreaming Tree.  I happened to win a gift card from the Cricut Explore and More facebook group, which Leo from the Dreaming Tree sponsors... so I raced over and fell in love with this beautiful box card.

The deer theme fit in perfectly with Close to my Heart's Oh Deer paper pack.  I LOVE this paper and although I have been working with it since October, I have not tired of it yet!


I put my box together a little differently than the Dreaming Tree's instructions.  I cut an extra layer of birch trees and in the front panel I cut out a couple of branches in the center so you could get a better glimpse of the deer.  I like the angle photo above, because in it you can see how the beautifully designed trees and snowflakes wrap right around the sides.


Close to my Heart's beautiful white glitter paper made gorgeous sparkly snowflakes.


A little close up of the "blinged up" front panel.  (What's Christmas without sparkle...right??)  
"Joy" was cut from gold glimmer paper with a Penny Black die from a set called "Greetings".


The back has a little "cut out" to tuck a led tea light in and the card is SO pretty with the light shining on the silver moon through the trees.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!  I hope you are all enjoying your last minute crafting for Christmas!!

Linda




9 comments:

  1. This is a stunning project. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather. I'm honoured to hear that coming from a crafter I admire so much!

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely beautiful Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love this! I have a Silhouette and after 5 years of doing nothing with it because of the high aggravation level I am thinking of a Cricut Explore or Brother Scan and Cut....I need the least intimidating machine...:) I am not a spring chicken and so have very little patience with technology....lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... your comment about the spring chicken made me laugh! I'm not a spring chicken either. For the longest time I was only doing basic things with my Explore and then I kept seeing the things other people were doing and decided I needed to learn more about what it could do. I would find a tutorial and study it and practise it on the machine a little bit at a time and I found it wasn't really that hard. I think the key is not to try and learn everything at once, take your time and keep it fun!

    ReplyDelete