Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Growing in Unity - Day 3

Well!  Today was a lot of fun!  Welcome back to day #3 in my Growing with Unity week!


I did some playing with distress inks today, and that always makes for a good time!


I used the technique where you rub the ink pads on your mat, spray the mat with water, and then dip and smoosh your watercolour paper around.  I dried with my heat gun between the different layers of smooshing.  Tim Holtz demonstrates the technique at 6:49 in this video.

Inks used were Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean.  If you can't read the notes on the photos below... this card is 4.25"x5.5" and the first mat is 4"x5" and mainly coloured with Peacock Feathers with a little Salty Ocean.  The middle photo shows how I glued a piece of white foam down to add dimension to the card.  In the third photo, I glued down the embossed darker piece of watercolour paper which had more Salty Ocean than Peacock Feathers.  This mat is 3.5"x4.5".
 I heat embossed the darker mat with white embossing powder.  The stamp set I used came from a Kit of the Month from February, 2017 called "Unexpected Places".  Such a pretty design!




All that was left to do was add the birthday sentiment from the same kit, and some bling!  It doesn't show well in the photo, but I tore the one end of the strip the birthday sentiment is on... just to distress it a little.


Thanks for stopping by!  If you leave a comment below, your name will go into a draw at the end of the week.  Two lucky winners will each be taking home a grab bag full of 25 Unity stamps!

Hope to see you back for Day 4 tomorrow!

Linda 



32 comments:

  1. Really pretty. That’s my fave color of distress ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I keep forgetting about how much fun some of these techniques are...thanks for reminding and inspiring me to go back to these to play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to "ink smoosh" backgrounds. LOVE that stamp, your colors, and design. Just a gorgeous card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, in one of my favourite colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful! I need to play with my distress inks more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never tried this technique but think I should. I love the colors you chose. I better go buy some watercolor paper. Thanks for posting this beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love the embossed design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this beautiful card. Blue is my absolute favorite color and I love the white embossed image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the smooching! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty. I like how the mats and image are going off the side of the card. That gives it more interest.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!! I love the white embossing on the smooshed background! I am looking forward to getting home to my heat gun and embossing powders😁

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the color smooshing and that mandala. Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just stunning! The smooshing technique is so fun
    and I'm a huge fan of white embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! Love the smooshing technique! So many different looks from it. Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these colors!! The mandala stamp is so big and lovely, great way to show it off. Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card! I love distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Linda. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely beautiful! I’m doing this for sure! Thanks for your inspiration ♥️

    ReplyDelete

  19. absolutely love this....great technique as well.....great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card- simple but elegant! I love anything with distress inks and you did a wonderful job mixing these two.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beauty! I agree,Distress inks are so fun to play with!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a beautiful card! I like how you made both pieces of cardstock out of the same inks, just highlighting one color on 1 piece of paper, and then reversing on the other piece of paper. Great way to coordinate colors.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks great. I must get into using my inks more I forget to try new things with them

    ReplyDelete
  25. I always forget to use large pieces of foam to pop up a large area. It looks perfect on this card. I especially like the bling on the white embossed stamp. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a great technique for this stamp. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This card is gorgeous. What a great technique.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love the blue colors...I’ve never tried that technique. Adding to my “to try” list! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete