Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Growing in Unity - Day 2

Hi everyone!

Thanks for coming back for Day 2 of my Growing in Unity week!

Today, I have a Sympathy card to share with you.


The front of this card was made using Unity stamp "Be the Best".  I started by cutting a card base out of 110# white cardstock.  I used a die set by Papertrey Ink called Scalloped A2 Die Collection to do this.  I watercoloured the front edges of the card base using Distress Ink "Peacock Feathers".


After watercolouring the edges, I cut a 4"x5" square out of  a  piece of heart patterned paper from Wild Whisper's "Forever and Always" collection.  Over top of this I glued a white gate that I cut out of 110# cardstock using another Papertrey Ink die called "Garden Gate".

Next I cut an oval and heat embossed the dragonfly using Ranger's superfine White embossing powder.  Then I watercoloured the dragonfly using the Distress Ink "Peacock Feathers" ink again.


The final thing I did to the front of the card, was heat emboss a strip of vellum using one of the sentiments included in the "Be the Best" stamp set.  I glued it at the ends and covered the glue with the white pearls.

The inside was made by cutting another rectangle from the Wild Whisper paper, and embossing another piece of vellum, this time using Unity stamp set "Girl Truly".


Thanks again for stopping by.

Be sure and comment below in order to have your name entered in a draw at the end of the week.  Two lucky winners will each be taking home a grab bag of 25 stamps!

Happy Creating
Linda


27 comments:

  1. Your sympathy card is such a peaceful palette. The image is soft and beautiful. I love how you decorated the inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the sympathy card inspiration. Your cards have me wishing for new dies! The vellum adds the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Very soft and pretty! Thanks so much for the wonderful inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sympathy cards can be so difficult and I like the images you chose along with the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous soft pastels and I love how you did the sentiments on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card! Very striking. This is one of my favorite sets that I have used over and over...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a gorgeous card. I'm always looking for ideas for sympathy cards. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pretty dragonfly is one of my fave stamps for sure. And it lends itself perfectly to be white (or silver, or gold for that matter!) embossed. And the peacock feathers is also a fave color. This is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your choice of the pastel colors is really lovely! Something I need to try more often!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the colours of your card = perfect for a sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very beautiful and soft for a lovely sympathy card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is an awesome sympathy card

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful!! Love the soft colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely beautiful I love this color
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  15. So ethereally beautiful! I love the white embossing with the peacock ink!!! And the inside is lovely too!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your color choice is soothing and comforting, great choice. These are always the hardest cards to make, you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and the colors are so peaceful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love these colors! Also like the idea of using pearls to hide adhesive on vellum, that's something I struggle with occasionally. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful layering and soft colors! Love the sentiment on vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love this dragonfly. Haven’t inked mine yet. Soon! Thank you for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this dragonfly! The colors are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the pastel shading of this card so soft and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really struggle with sympathy cards. I love the idea of using the dragonfly. I think the soft colors in the cards conveys love and the sending of thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete