Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, January 10, 2020

Growing in Unity - Day 5

Happy Day to you!

For my last Growing in Unity day, and with Valentine's Day looming in a month, I chose to make a Valentine card.

These two cute little birds were calling my name!  They can be found in a Kit of the Month from May, 2017 called "Free Your Dreams".  The frame die that I used for this card is from Avery Elle and is called Dotted Frame.

I used a combination of techniques to colour the birds:  starting by watercolouring with Distress Inks, and doing some finishing up touches with Copics.  I heat embossed them with white embossing powder, which gives them a soft look but it meant I really had to work at colouring the eyes, because I lost some of the details of the stamp with the puffy embossing powder.  Don't you love how he's whispering in her ear???  I'm not sure though, if I like the bow I chose for this card... so let's take a poll... should I remove it and find maybe a burlap bow... or keep it to balance the pink hearts?  Help me out friends!  ;)




When I was creating the distress ink paper for this card, the other day, I also did some up pinks and reds.  This is what I cut the hearts out of.  The hearts are from a die set called "Lovely Moments" by Studio Light.


To create the inside, I used my inked up watercolour paper, and this sweet sentiment from the April, 2017 Kit of the Month "Be My Bird".



So that brings my Growing in Unity week to an end.  Thank you so much for all of your kind, fun, and friendly comments.  They really made me smile!  

One final reminder... if you comment on my blog posts for this "Growing in Unity" week, your name will be entered in a draw for one of TWO grab bags full of 25 Unity stamps that are waiting to go to a happy home!  

I will be drawing for the prizes this weekend.  I will wait until Sunday to give those last minute commenters a chance to get their names in for the draw.  Good luck everyone!

Linda




21 comments:

  1. So cute. My husband and I call ourselves love birds. This just might be my valentines card to him. Thanks for a great week. You are so creative. I will be following your blog now that I’ve found you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A cute card to end your great week. I never think about mixing my coloring mediums, but love the look you have with the watercolor and Copics. I like the black and white, but would have to see another color to decide. What I have found is that those that receive the card don't concentrate on those details nearly as much as we who design it do, lol. So either will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, what a great week! Beautiful love birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the love birds! Thank you for a great week of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have enjoyed reading your blog and seeing your cards. I do like the black and white bow on the card. It has been a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Love the soft look! Not sure about the bow! Thanks for sharing this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh thank you so much for the inspiration this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh these birds are perfect for Valentines Day. I love them and your shading is great. I love the hearts and ribbon. Thank you for the great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the hearts and the darling birds! GREAT WEEK!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, the love birds are perfect for Valentines day. I enjoyed your week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did a great job with these birds. I love them. Thank you for taking time to share with us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful as always, thanks for all your inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  13. The birds are so cute--I love how you colored them!! I'm a fan of ink smooshing in any form. Wonderful cards and week, thank you for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable Valentine card! Love the colors and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful! I love how you have coloured the birds

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is darling. I love that bow, but a burlap or twine would be nice too. Love that stamp, design, details and your coloring is amazing. Great detail on the eyes. Love it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable Love Birds, thanks for the great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The birds are so darling! And I like the bow just as it is!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this stamp marked to try and use for a Valentine so loved to see what you did with it. That white embossing around the bird makes for an interesting look and I love how you colored the birdies! Great week. Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love how the birds are colored. They look so cute that color.

    ReplyDelete