Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, November 28, 2019

Great Moments With Family

Hi Everyone!
Welcome back!
I put my Christmas playlist on and had a wonderful time making the little portfolio that I'm going to share with you.  It was so easy to make, especially when using all the fabulous bits and pieces that you get with a Wild Whisper collection!  This little folio is 4" wide x 6" high.  It can be made using a 6x6" paper pad.
The collection I used for the portfolio is Canadian Winter.  To cut the base piece of the folio, I used heavy weight #110 white cardstock.

I found the tutorial for this portfolio on Youtube. 
It is a series of videos made by Papercrafter45.  
The photo below is to show you what NOT to do.  I seem to be challenged when it comes to getting patterns going in the correct direction!  So be careful when you're cutting your mats and remember to flip one over when you're cutting the tab into it.  That way it will sit correctly.  For me it wasn't that big of a deal because I covered it up with a mat and the problem was solved!

To create some sparkly texture on the front of the portfolio, I used the Snow Fun stencil from Echo Park and Aleene's Glitter Snow texture paste.  (Love this stuff!)

It is so pretty and sparkly!  The coordinated sequins and flair button added a special touch as well!

This is the back of the portfolio.  In most of their collections, Suzy and Heather always include the loveliest quotes, and this one is found in the Canadian Winter card pack.

This is the inside of the portfolio.  The lovely paper that I've used as a background to take my pictures, is also a piece that is in Canadian Winter.

On the left, there is a wide pocket to tuck little gifts into... maybe a gift card, lottery tickets, flat chocolate mints... so much fun thinking up special treats to add!  The snow shoes and warm wishes sentiment are pieces that you can trim out of the papers in the collection.

The mini-challenge at More Than Words this month, asks you to make a project with the word GREAT on it, and that is why I added the little sentiment piece to this pocket.  The challenge ends November 30th so you still have time to enter.  Dusty Attic is giving a $25 certificate to shop in their store to the lucky winner!

On the right, there is another pocket to add more goodies!  The snowflake trim is the end piece that is on every 12x12 sheet of paper.  It makes great pieces for trimming photos and pockets, etc.

So what's tucked in those pockets you might ask?  A cute family that is very special to me.  I thought of them instantly when I was looking at this paper collection and planning projects.  They LOVE to go skiing in the mountains as a family and have tons of fun together.  This portfolio is going to be a gift for them to remember those happy memories.

These are the pocket cards that the photos are glued to the back of.  I love that there is a place to send a little note to them!

So put the Christmas carols on and have a happy time making your own portfolio and don't forget to enter the More Than Words challenge!


Happy creating!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment