Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

A Trio of Christmas Cards

Welcome back!  Today I've got a set of 3 Christmas cards that I made using Pam Bray's beautiful Christmas paper in the 6x6" size.

I love making Christmas cards because you get to use lots of glitter and bling! 

To make this one, I used the Pine Branch die by Tim Holtz to cut the pinecones, and the beautiful Peace stamp is from a set that is also by Tim Holtz, called Christmas Time 2.

I first embossed the sentiment with gold embossing powder and didn't feel it stood out enough.

So I embossed over the gold with black embossing powder and I really liked the shabby, distressed, black and gold sentiment I ended up with.  

I used the piece that I trimmed off, to put on the inside, and this sentiment stamp is also from Christmas Time 2 by Tim Holtz.

Season's Greetings is also from the Christmas Time 2 set.  I embossed it with black embossing powder and trimmed the sides with gold mirror card and some cute red pompom trim that I had in my stash.

I loved the deer on the porch step and decided to give him a bright red bow and some jingle bells around his neck.

Inside, I again used the trimmed off piece from the front of the card and another sentiment from Christmas Time 2.  (I really love that stamp set!)

This last card was the most work, but also the most fun!

I used a label die from my stash and cut out a portion of the patterned paper.  At the same time, I cut Merry Christmas from gold mirror cardstock using the Christmas Ribbon die set by Tim Holtz and the pine branches were cut from the same die set that cut the pinecones - Pine Branch.

I cut about 5 more pieces of white cardstock using the same label die, stacked them all up and glued them together to make a piece of chipboard about 1/8" thick.  Then I embossed around the sides and the edges as you see above, using gold embossing powder.
I re-inserted this chipboard piece into the original patterned paper and trimmed it up with the diecut pieces, as well as a little poinsettia by Prima.

For the inside of the card, I cut another label diecut, edged it in gold embossing powder and embossed Season's Greetings in red embossing powder.

So there you go!  Three Christmas cards done and an afternoon of creative fun!  I still have MORE pieces of this beautiful paper left over, so there might be a few more cards in future posts!
Happy creating!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment