Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, December 26, 2019

All is calm...

Merry Christmas everyone!
Christmas at our house was a little unsettling this year, so I set out to create a project that soothed my soul and brought a feeling of peace.
To create peace, I always turn to nature.  This beautiful sunset piece of paper is from Wild Whisper's Canadian Winter collection, and of course features our Rocky Mountains in the background.
                                                                                                                                                            I used another Wild Whisper collection by Pam Bray, called Nature's Bliss to cut out the reindeer (which is an SVG cut file by Just Nick).  I flipped it so that the antlers would cut out of the lighter parts and look like they were catching the last rays of the sun as it set.
                                                                                                                                                         All is calm, All is bright, was stamped using the Wild Whisper "Christmas Comfort" stamp set and Stone embossing powder.
                                                                                                                                                "Rejoice" is also an SVG file from Silhouette, and I cut it out of the same piece of paper that I cut the deer from.  The stars are a stamp from Wild Whisper's older Christmas stamp set "Home for the Holidays".  I embossed them with a lovely, glittery, silver embossing powder.
                                                                                                                                                        The die cuts are graphics from a set call "Christmas Fields" that I purchased from The Hungry Jpeg and printed myself.  They have a wild feeling of joy to me and I thought they suited this beautiful wild background. I popped them up to give them a little more impact.

To create this project, I was inspired by the following two challenges at More Than Words and Art Daily Cafe.  It's pretty clean and simple, but that was what I was needing when I created it!
*********
Our Main Challenge is based on a word inspiration and a creative challenge.

Word Inspiration - REJOICE
Creative Challenge - ANYTHING GOES

To enter the More Than Words December challenge, go here.  You have until       Dec 31st to enter a project.

*********

The other challenge was Lights and Sparkles at the Art Daily Cafe.  You also have until Dec 31st to enter a project here.


 *********


Rejoice and feel the Peace and Joy this Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. when I didn't have a heat gun once I used my hair dryer with a diffuser on low and it took a bit but it worked.

    ReplyDelete