Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, February 8, 2013

PPC 103 Playing in Paradise Challenge

Good Morning everyone!!

It's all about LOVE at the Playing in Paradise Challenge this week!


Dawn is encouraging you to create a Valentine card, make a layout about someone/thing you love, anything that has something to do with love!  I decided to take the opportunity and make my husband a card, however it turned out kind of "girly" with all the flowers and sparkle, so I've decided to use it as a decoration for the mantle instead!  The wonderful Sizzix Accordian Album Die as well as the matching Bracket Frame and Label Die worked perfectly for this!
 
 
It will be a great die set for making mini albums also!
 
The doily mats were made by using a doily stamp from my stash and embossing it.  Then to make the chipboard letters black, I painted them with black gesso and clear embossed them.  This gave a very textured embossing pattern that I wasn't expecting, but really like.  Here's a close-up so you can see a little better.
 
 
I love the paper line from We R Memory Keepers "Crazy for You".  The pinks and blacks are just beautiful.  I used a few stickers from Authentique's "Lovely" line for embellishments on the front, but I see the store is out of that right now.  However, Pink Paislee has a really cute sticker set that would work just as well!  The flowers that I used were from Prima and my stash.
 
Everyone is invited to play at our challenges! There are no requirements or restrictions on what products you can use to create your challenge entry; items from your stash are just fine!  For full instructions on how to play, just go here.
 
This week you will be competing for a prize package of decorative tape by My Minds Eye "The Sweetest Thing" collection, as well as a package of coordinating buttons, worth a total of $20.  So what are you waiting for???  Come on over and join in!
 
Enjoy your crafting!
Linda
 
 
 
 


 
 

4 comments:

  1. Don't you love happy crafty accidents? The texture on those letters is fabulous! And that frame...wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Love your accordion card!! The cover is embellished beautifully and I love the texture on the letters (will have to try this). Gorgeous papers too.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is some card, not too girly, it has all the right elements. I would walk right by that paper. But you certainly make me see the potential. Genius I say.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to say wow too but it has already been used. Your card is stunning Linda, what an exceptional project. There are so many fantastic details I don’t know where to start.. oh darn.. wow :)

    ReplyDelete