Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, February 22, 2013

PPC105 Playing in Paradise Challenge


Good morning!  Good morning!  It's another challenge today at Playing in Paradise.  Nina has given us the theme of "Travel" to work with.

PPC 105
 
This time I made a clean and simple gift card holder.
 
I don't know about you, but I purchase a lot of gift cards for the males in my life.  They are SO hard to buy for!  LOL.  This gift card holder is just perfect for tucking them into, and so EASY to make.

 
Prima has a book of papers called "Ledger" which are very good for this type of project where you really don't need too much of a decorative inside.  They are also perfect for using as backgrounds for layouts. 
 
So I started out with a piece of ledger paper that was 5-1/2" wide by 8-1/2" long.  I scored it 3 inches from one side, and 2 inches from the other.  Then you just fold the 2" piece up to make the pocket on the inside and glue the edges of the pocket closed.
 
After that, decorating the front can be as easy or as detailed as you desire.  Here are a couple of others I've made.  They are a lot of fun to do and you can use up little bits and pieces like keys and buttons that you have left over from other projects.
 
 
 
 
 
Be sure and stop over at the Scrapbooker's Paradise blog ... the rest of the design team has been hard at work this week... and you really should take a peek at what they've created to inspire you! 

You will also find detailed instructions there on how to participate in the challenge.  It's easy/peasy.

Once you've got it all figured out, grab your supplies and join in!  We'd love to see what you create!  Up for grabs is a wonderful prize package of "The Sweetest Thing" Decorative tape and buttons that is worth $20.  It could be yours!

Take care,
Linda

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, guys are hard to shop for! I love all of these, Linda :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great idea,Thanks for all the samples. I know a gift card is usually the best choice for the men. They want what they want, and I am not good at interpreting that into real items.
    Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fantastic and a great way to make a gift card more personal. I love how you've decorated them.

    Hugs, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these cards Linda, I agree gift cards are the way to go for my boys too.

    ReplyDelete