Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Wedding Layout

I worked on this layout for a challenge over at Swirlydoos today. You have to lift your team mate's layout and make it your own. This is my team mate's (Jackie Clark) wonderful layout that I got to lift:
You can see more of Jackie's incredible work over at her blog Scraps of Brilliance. She also makes the most wonderful cards! For this challenge you received extra points for using black and white plus one other colour. That made the choice of a photo easy for me, because I have been planning on scrapping some of my son's wedding photos and their colours were black, white, and deep pink.
The paper line that I used is Bo Bunny's Enchanted. It comes with some beautiful coordinating embellishments and that is where I got the centers for my Gerber Daisies. To make them I used this flower from Close to my Heart's Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.
I cut 2 black ones at 1-1/2", 3 black ones at 2-", 2 pink ones at 2-1/2", and 3 pink ones at 3". The little pink flowers that are on their own, were cut at 1'1/2" and then I scrunched them up to give them a ragged look. Down in the bottom, left-hand corner of the layout, I made a white flower embellishment from this Cricut shape from the same cartridge.
I inked it up and embellished it with some pearls and another Bo Bunny embellishment. Great fun! I encourage everyone to try doing some challenges. My favorite sites to go to are Swirlydoos and Flying Unicorn. There's always great inspiration and lots of friendly people to visit with!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout, Linda! I love the way the pink just pops. Those Gerberas are beautiful, and that photo is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my !! That's gorgeous !! Love the colors and all the embellies !! Love the layout from Scraps of Brilliance, too!

    ReplyDelete