Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Cowgirl Outfit in honour of the Calgary Stampede

During Swirlydoo's last blog hop, I ran across Kellie Reynolds' blog and fell in love with the paper doll outfits she makes. They are just gorgeous and really appeal to the little girl inside you. LOL. I decided to give it a try and since the Calgary Stampede is celebrating its 100th birthday this year, I decided to make a cowgirl outfit.
I have to admit, I just about skipped making the little hanger because I thought it looked too hard (yes I'm a wimp ... I know) but decided to give it a try because it is so cute.
Kellie's tutorial is very easy to follow and I enjoyed making it. It's not perfect, but with a little practise I think I will have less kinks in the wire! I would encourage you to give these a try, Kellie provides tutorials and patterns, and with a little tissue paper and some patterned scraps, you're off and running. I'm going to try making a wedding dress to embellish an album that I'm planning for my daughter-in-law. I think they would also make cute embellishments on a special layout! Enjoy your day everyone! Linda

2 comments:

  1. Haha! OMG, I love it, Linda! Absolutely darling! Thank you so much for the mention. I'm just tickled you tried out the template and that it worked out so well.

    xoxo
    ~Kellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is adorable Linda thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete