Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Wild Whisper - Magical Moment

Hi everyone!  

I have a different style of card to share with you today.  It has been inked up with lots of Distress Oxides and I used several different Wild Whisper stamps to create the scene.  Stamp sets used are:  Adventure, Home for the Holidays, Christmas Comfort, and World's Best.


I started out with a piece of cardstock 2-3/4" x 7-3/4" and did the technique I'm sure most are familiar with, squishing Distress Oxide ink pads onto my mat, spraying the ink with water and blotting and drying the cardstock over and over until I was happy with how it looked.  The colours I used were Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans, and Blueprint Sketch.  


I used SazOn Pigment Ink to stamp the bear, mountains, and antlers, and this was a mistake. This ink isn't designed for paper (as I found out afterwards) and you can see it didn't do a good job of stamping.

For this type of card you want a deep black image, so in future I would use an ink like Black VersaFine.  I didn't want to throw my card away though, so in the end I coloured over the images with a sharpie marker, and that saved the day!

To stamp the various branches and snowflakes around the edge of the card, I used Dusty Concord Distress Archival Ink.

To give a little shadow at the base of the mountain, I used Iced Spruce.


To highlight the bear, I created a mask using my roll of tape that was handy on my desk.


Holding the mask over the bear, I sponged Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide, sweeping it from the mask outwards.


After masking, there is a lovely glow around the bear.


The card was matted with silver glitter paper and mirror card by Crafter's Companion - Morning Mist Pack.


Finishing touches were to add snowflakes cut from the same glitter paper, and a little bit of sparkle here and there with Fresh Snowfall Nuvo Glitter Accents.  I also stamped and heat embossed the title "Magical Moment".


I find slimline cards are fun to create scenes with.  Pull out your stamps and give it a try!



No comments:

Post a Comment