Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, September 24, 2020

Wild Whisper - Fall Sunflowers

 Hi everyone!  I was playing with the Strength of the Season stamp set again this week, and ended up creating a card that is a personal favorite of mine. 


I have to admit though, it seemed to take me longer to photograph it than it did to create it!  For some reason it was hard to capture the true colours of the card and the glitter on the sunflowers and pine cones that is so pretty in real life!  You can see a bit of it in this side-shot below.


I zoomed in on the sunflowers to share a close-up of how I coloured them.  Using golds and yellows just seems so right at this time of year when all the trees are turning colour.

To colour the petals I used the following copic colours in this order: Y11, Y19, YR24, E17,  & Y17.  I painstakingly coloured the centers with:  YG00, YG13, E47, E37, E34, E49, & E34... then I covered them all up with Nuvo "Fresh Snowfall" Glitter Accents!  It might seem like a waste of all that colouring, but the coloured centers still show through... the glitter just gives them some dimension and sparkle!

For the leaves I used: G28, G21, and G20.  The acorns were: E17, E37, & E47.


I used these flowers in this blog post... and you can see I coloured them quite differently!  That's the fun of stamping!

The burlap paper came from a past collection called "Forever and Always".  I made the rust coloured mat by colouring the border of a piece of X-press It paper with E37, and I inked the burlap with "Gathered Twigs" Distress Oxide ink.


Here's a look at how I finished the inside.


Happy Fall everyone!  We're being blessed in Alberta with warm temperatures and an extended flowering season so life is good!

Don't forget, Wild Whisper has just filled the store with new releases!  Go here for some shopping therapy and enter my code:  DTLINDA in the coupon box to get a 10% discount!!

Happy creating,

No comments:

Post a Comment