Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, October 3, 2019

Every Little Thing Cardmaking

Hi there,

Today I thought I would share my thoughts about the Every Little Thing Cardmaking workshop that is available through Close to my Heart.

This cardmaking workshop provides everything you need to make SIXTEEN A2 size cards.... a stamp set, dies, embellishments, paper, and card bases plus envelopes, as well as complete instructions on how to make 3 different cards.  That is a lot of value in one fun package!  I have calculated the price as working out to $3 per card and then you still have the stamps and dies to create more cards, or to create embellishments for your scrapbook pages!


This is my version of one of the card designs from the kit.

The kit's card (shown above) is very pretty and a little more simple, as seen above, but I had extra embellishments from the Vellum Die-cuts  and the Complements so I added them to the card.  I also had a left-over scrap of the mint paper from the paper packet so I used it to stamp the little leaf pattern all over.


I used a Tim Holtz die from my stash called Crochet, to cut the border behind the butterfly.  CTMH's Lace Border thin cut would also have worked well here.

I used a sponge dauber and the new Julep ink to colour the center of the butterfly.  For the more subtle, shimmery look shown in the CTMH card, use the Julep Shimmer Brush.


For the inside of my card, I used a couple of the Picture my Life cards topped with another piece from the Complements package.


Here's a look at the stamp set that comes with the kit.  It is only available by purchasing the complete kit.  
The three lovely sentiments work for many occasions, the butterflies are beautiful and easily cut out with the included dies.  There are several additional smaller stamps to fill in backgrounds, as the instructions explain fully.  
(Click here to see the workshop instructions.)


A closer look at the inside of the card shows how you can take the rose and leaves in the stamp set, to create a similiar flower cluster as the one above.  So pretty!

National Cardmaking Day is this Saturday, October 5th.  
Have a fun time playing with your stamp sets!

Linda

Please note:  If you click on the coloured links in my post, you will be taken to my CTMH online store where you can see more about the products, and make a purchase if you wish!

No comments:

Post a Comment