Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, October 10, 2019

Cross Canada Blog Hop - Hawthorn



Hi everyone!

Well, a month has flown by and it is already time for the October Cross Canada Blog Hop for CTMH consultants.  This month we are featuring the Hawthorn collection.

To purchase any of the items seen in our blog hop today, please contact your local consultant to place an order.  For my customers, if you click on the links that I have hi-lighted, they will take you directly to my online business account.

We hope that you will take the time to leave comments on our posts, as we love to get feedback from our viewers....whether it was something that you really liked or some new technique that has inspired you. Comments help us to create posts that will give you the information that you are looking for.

If you have just hopped onto my blog, you can start here as this is a circular hop. If you came from Jessica's blog then you are in the right place!

On this post I talked about how much I like the Card Making Workshops that CTMH always includes in each catalogue, and for THIS post today, I am STILL feeling the love for the workshops only this time it's Hawthorn!  I absolutely fell in love with the included stamp set and HAD to have it... you probably know how that goes!  ;)

I followed the workshop instructions to create the background mats, but then I went in a different direction using other stamp sets that I have and love.

First up is the one with the beautiful exclusive workshop stamp set.  For this one, I followed the directions as stated, but I stamped extra pinecones and popped them up in the center of the leafy spray.  I used Sangria ink on the saffron patterned paper and it created a lovely brown.  I also added a couple of wooden leaves that I had in my stash.


Next up I used D1872 Sunflower Sympathy on the card.  I love this sunflower stamp!  I stamped it out 3 times and fussy cut the three separate layers.  I then popped up each layer to give it some lovely dimension.


I stamped the sunflower on the saffron patterned paper and coloured the outer tips with Sangria ink.  I also used Sangria to colour the inner fringe, and the edges of the middle piece.  Then I took a small piece of jute and snipped it into 1/8" pieces which I used to cover a blob of glue that I placed in the middle of the sunflower.  Here's a close up for you:


For the third card I made from this workshop, I used a frame stamp that I purchased from an earlier catalogue this year called Flourishing Frame A1235.  I stamped it with Paprika ink and topped it with a butterfly from the Every Little Thing Cardmaking Workshop G1189 that was stamped on the saffron paper.  The sentiment and other embellishments are from my stash.


Thanks for hopping along with us!  I hope you have been inspired by the Cross Canada Blog Hop to try out some of the designs,
products and techniques you have seen! 

Watch for the Cross Canada Blog Hop again next month when the paper collection featured will be the fun and cheerful Christmas collection
 called Holly Jolly!

Be sure to mark November 10th on your calendar!

Happy creating,
Linda

Your next stop on the Cross Canada Hop is at Janet's blog.

In case you get lost, here is a list of the consultants who are featured on the Blog Hop this month:

Linda - You are here.





1 comment: