Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Farewell

Hi everyone!  Welcome back!


I made a farewell album this month for a friend who is moving away, and discovered that the CTMH paper collection The World is Yours was perfect for it. This paper was a promotion pack in May and is no longer available, but if you bought some and still have it on hand, then here is some inspiration for you!

A bonus when you're using CTMH collections, is that many of them coordinate with each other. I was able to embellish many pages with Complements pieces from Into the Wild and Sweet Girl paper collections. The natural elements looked perfect with The World is Yours.

Since my friend was a member of my local scrapbooking group, I asked some of the other members to contribute pocket pages of their own, to the album as well. I put in photos of all the people that she scrapbooks with in our group, photos that she had taken of the lake outside her back door, and photos of our town.

I was very happy with the album when it was done! I hope she feels happy as well, when she looks at it!


This is the cover of the album.  I used one of the black Everyday Life albums which is a Faux leather album - size: 9 ⅜" × 8¼" × 1½";  and a 1" 3-ring binder type.  I found it to be a really nice size to hold and look at.  I had a beautiful piece of birch bark looking ribbon which looked really pretty so I used it one the cover.  The title was made from a sticker package that came with the paper collection.


Inside the cover is a photo that my friend took from her back yard.  I know she loves the view so I put one on the front cover...


and one on the back!


I used pieces from the sticker page in the collection to decorate the cover page for the album.


More stickers from the collection were used above, plus I added a couple of embellishments from Kaisercraft's Greenhouse collection because the colours coordinated so beautifully with The World is Yours.


These pages were made using 3"x4" Everyday Life Memory Protectors.  Very easy... just tuck your photos in and you're done!    



Face blurring on the photos that I didn't have permission to post, was done with free software from https://www.facepixelizer.com/ It was very easy to use.

My friend was the devoted scout leader for many years, so I also included her scout troup. (Love Facebook for getting photos!) The boys' faces are all blurred, but the photo needs to be close-up for you to see it.

The next community she moves to will be so lucky to get her as a Scout Leader!



These are photos from around our community.  I loved the vellum paper pieces that were included in the paper collection.  They stood out so nicely against the kraft cardstock and made a lovely frame for the photo.


A fun thing that our town has started this year... this piano sits out on the street downtown for anyone to play.  (It has a cover for rainy days.)  This group decided to have an impromptu concert!

On the next page I included a stamp set for my friend because she creates the most incredible cards and I was sure she would love these little "scouts" for her collection of stamps.


For the next few pages of the album I cut up bits and pieces from the collection and tucked them into 6"x8" Everyday Life Memory Protectors  for my friend to add her own photos to the album.


On the right hand side of the photo above, is a pocket page, that one of the other members of our scrapbooking group created.  She tucked in all kinds of cute things to be used when cardmaking or scrapbooking!


More pages from other group members.  


Everyone was so thoughtful with their quotes and stories of friendship.


I've lived in a lot of places, and have friends and family scattered all over the place, so I really love this quote about friendship.  A fitting place in the album to end with!


Thanks for stopping in and seeing what I've been up to!

Linda


No comments:

Post a Comment