Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Thrill for Me!

Hi everyone!

I wanted to share an honour that was bestowed upon me (I'm sounding a little "royal" aren't I? LOL) by Swirlydoos a few weeks ago.


This layout that I did of my granddaughter, was selected as "Layout of the Week" on Oct 28th.  

To say I was thrilled, would be an understatement!!  

When I joined the Swirly "Savages" back in 2011, they opened a whole new world of scrapbooking to me.... layers and textures, flowers and bling, ink and distressing... I was entranced, and have been learning new skills ever since.  

This group of ladies share their talent willingly and give unending encouragement.  I have been loving every minute of my time with them.  BUT, I never ever thought that something I did would be selected for layout of the week.  Thrilled? ... oh Yeah.... I'm still floating on cloud 9!  :)

Before I go, I'd like to show you a close up of the Hot Off The Press "Color Me" paper 
that I used as a mat.


I inked portions of it with some Distressed inks and let them flow over the lines.  Doesn't it give such a nice soft look to the layout?  I just loved using this paper.

These lovely butterflies were courtesy of Lisa Gregory:


She spoils us every month with a downloadable file of beautiful new butterflies to print out!

I've been working on my scraproom lately ... come back tomorrow and I'll show you the cool table my husband I built out of shelves, etc from Ikea and Michaels.  I love, love, love it!

'Til then .... enjoy your scrapping!

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment