Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Today's post is a layout that I did of my mother when she was very young.  It has always been one of my favorite pictures of her.  She was living in northern BC, Canada at the time and you can see how beautiful it was there.  I tried to capture some of the beauty and wilderness in the layout by using the deer mask and the tree chippies.


I inked all the edges of the papers and did faux sewing around the edges.  I used the Tim Holtz Reindeer Flight Bigz die to make a mask.  The evergreen trees were inked with Shabby Shutters Distress Ink, then sprayed with TA Olive Vine Glimmer Mist.  Then I touched them here and there in Forest Moss Distress Ink with a background word stamp to give them some texture.  Here's a close-up that might help you see better.  The butterfly came from Swirlydoos.  Lisa Gregory has created a whole file of them and they are very beautiful.  You just print them and decorate how you please.  I chose to just put a little Crystal Stickles on the wings.


The doily was made using a corner punch tutorial done by Lisa Gregory.  I then inked the edges with Forest Moss Distress ink and finished it the same as the trees:  a light spray of the Glimmer Mist and a few touches here and there with the word stamp.


This layout was entered in challenges at both Swirlydoos and the Flying Unicorn.

Thanks for taking the time to visit my blog!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, I just nominated you the Liebster Award!!! Congratulations. This award is bestowed upon up and coming blogs with followers under 200, and you are nominated by your peers. Congratulations my friend, I'm passing on the baton to you. Check out my blog for further details.

    ReplyDelete