Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, March 27, 2020

More Than Words Challenge: Food and Square Photo

Hi everyone!

There's 5 more days left to get in on the March More Than Words Challenge - Use Food & a Square Photo on your project.

Instagram pics come to mind for this one! Do you have a yummy FOOD photo to share? Or maybe you have a family snap of a barbeque, a picnice, or a romantic dinner? We want to know about the special food you've eaten, or an event focussed around food. We need to see in your project how our word inspired you. If it isn't obvious in your work, then please explain it in your post. Add a SQUARE PHOTO to your project. We don't mind if it's an Instagram photo or if you've cropped a standard photo, so long as it's square! If you don't want to add a photo, we want to see a square element on your project.


For this challenge, I chose to share the celebration of my mom's 80th birthday in a scrapbooking layout.  HER mom (my grandmother) was famous for her Mayonnaise Chococolate Cake (FOOD) which was baked for EVERY family birthday celebration.  So I followed tradition and baked the cake for my mom this year.

The SQUARE PHOTO is of my mom and is tucked into the envelope behind my grandma.


For this layout, I used a lovely heritage paper collection from Close to my Heart 


I stamped the background with the Botanic stamp available through Wild Whisper, and the jewelled embellishments are by Prima - "Christmas in the Country".


All the other embellishments are from the Yesterday and Today collection.


I thought I would include the recipe for anyone who would like to try it.  It doesn't require any eggs if you should be having difficulty finding any during this difficult period of quarantine that is going on around the world.  The mayonnaise replaces both the eggs and the oil traditionally used in cake recipes.  It's very delicious, fluffy and moist!


Do give the challenge a try!  You will find all the details here.  Did I mention we have an amazing number of awesome prizes up for grabs!!!

Happy creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment