Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Wild Whisper Floral Mini Album

Hi everyone!  
Today is a beautiful Spring day and the perfect time to share this project with you!


I saw this tutorial for a mini-album on Splitcoaststampers, this week and knew I had to make it with the Floral collection and all the beautiful coordinating ephemera pieces.  (To see the tutorial and paper collection, just click on each highlighted link.)

To start with, I cut two 14" pieces of white satin ribbon and colored it with Copic marker BG57.  I left it streaky because I wanted it to have a shabby/chic look.

This is the outside of the mini-album.

To add some interest and dimension to each side of the birdhouse, I glued down a sparkly piece of acetate and topped it with a lattice die cut that I cut from one of the blue pieces of cardstock in the Back to Basics paper collection.


I am using some handmade bird embellishments that I had in my stash, along with wood veneer pieces, and pieces from the gorgeous Floral ephemera pack. 
To tie my handmade embellishment to the Floral pieces, I added the little black and white stems from the Floral ephemera and tucked it in.  I also tucked more of the Floral pieces underneath it.


I used pop up foam dots on every page of this mini album. They give great dimension to the pages and also give you height to tuck things under as I did with the Wild Whisper flair button.

Here's a photo that shows all the dimensional layers on the page.
  
Look at the beautiful detail on the succulent from the ephemera pack.  It looks so real you almost feel you need to water it!


The last page on the outside of the album.


Photos on inside.




To keep it looking uniform, I matted each photo with a piece of the green flowered paper in the Floral paper collection, a lacy white die cut from Gina Marie Designs, and of course more of the embellishments from the ephemera pack.


For the roof of the house, I cut scallops from the beautiful leafy piece of cardstock in the collection, inked them with black ink and staggered them to look like shingles.


This mini album was so fun to make... I encourage you to give it a try.  (Just go to the Splitcoaststampers tutorial for all measurements and even a video that shows you how to put it together.)  It's a lovely gift and the package of ephemera goes a LONG way when you are decorating it.
Happy Easter!
Linda




No comments:

Post a Comment