Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

Firefly Box Cards

I just had to share with everyone the fun times that are going on over at the Flying Unicorn.  There are so many challenges, there is sure to be one that you will want to give a try! And you might even get lucky and win a prize!  Alda always has gorgeous RAK's for some lucky winner.  :)

The one that I entered today is a card challenge which closes on March 14th.  (Lots of time yet to make a card and get it in!)  Alda, who is hosting the challenge, provides a template, and the challenge is to make a "Box" card using the template.  It's very easy to follow and the little cards are so fun to make.

Our family is usually able to get together at Easter time at my Mom and Dad's house, and we delight in seeing the six little great grandkids hunting for their eggs in the backyard.  I am going to make one of these box cards for each of them.  They will be great treat holders!  Here is my first one.

I used Prima Firefly Aglow paper for this one and the paper is so pretty, I couldn't bear to cover it up with too many embellishments!
 
 
I did spread a little Crackle Accents over the flower though, just to accent it a little more.
 
 
The doily was misted with Fireworks Desert Sand mist.  What a beautiful soft green that is.  Then I inked the edges with a small amount of Fired Brick Distress Ink.
 
 
 
The die cut on the inside is from G45's "Place in Time" paper. 
 
 
I encourage you to check out the Flying Unicorn.  It's a fun site, with wonderful people to chat with on the forums!   There's also lots of tutorials and art to inspire you.
 
Linda
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow this book car is absolutely GORGEOUS,your right that paper is beautiful ans what a great gift to receive.Thanks for sharing this beauty..

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is gorgeous! I totally love the idea of a card/box :) And you've embellished it beautifully - love the various pearls & all the shimmer!

    ReplyDelete