Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Glass Bead Magic

Hi everyone,

I'll tell you ... it's been a great start to the New Year!  Between some wonderful challenges at Flying Unicorn, and a course called "Creative Jumpstart", I am having SO much fun in my craft room!

One of the challenges that I am doing at Flying Unicorn, is to create an Art Journal.  I have made myself 6"x6" pages of Watercolour paper and I'm experimenting with products I have at home and new techniques I'm learning at Creative Jumpstart.

Today I'm going to show you some experimenting I did with Glass Bead Gel from Golden.  This stuff is WONDERFUL!


To start with, I stamped my 6"x6" watercolour sheet with a Chocolate Baroque stamp - Harlequin Christmas.  I used Tattered Rose Distress Ink.  Then I stamped my border with a 


I then took this Crafters Workshop stencil and using a palette knife, 
scraped Golden Glass Bead Gel all over it. 


After drying, it looked like this.  It has a very subtle, frosty effect 
and adds beautiful glimmering texture.



I finished up the page by spraying it with a little bit of Chocolate Latte Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and adding some pretty elements.  When I stamped the chandelier on, I put a portion of it over the glass beads, and they stamped up really well.

I hope you are all having some "fun" time in your craft rooms yourself.
Best wishes for a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year!

Linda
  











3 comments:

  1. I love glass beads too. Great journal page. The stencil you used added a nice touch. thanks as always for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a mix of textures and techniques and so out of my wheelhouse! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely Linda! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete