Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Hi Everyone,

Happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the U.S.!  Enjoy your turkey and stuffing and all the wonderful celebration that goes with it.

Remember how in an earlier post I was stating that this year I was going to enjoy the Christmas preparations more and not allow myself to get so frazzled?  Well this project is part of my plan.  It is a Christmas Planning Box!  It can sit on my table and look pretty, all the while holding my receipts as well as my book of to-do lists.


Be forewarned, there are several pictures!  This next one shows the top in detail.

I used my new Spellbinders Pointsettia Die to make the pointsettias and then stamped them with the Heartfelt Creations Petite Pointsettia stamp that coordinates with it.  Worked like a charm.  The beautiful, delicate snowflakes were cut with a Memor Box die, Frosty Border, which I then cut up into smaller pieces to fit the Close to My Heart box.  The pine needles are a Martha Stewart punch, and the pinecones (which are my personal favorite) are hand-made after watching this wonderful tutorial.  They're unbelievably easy - with the main tool being a scallop circle!  Then I coated everything with lots of CTMH Stardust Glitter Gel because I love lots of sparkle.

Here's the notebook tucked away ready to use at a moment's notice.

The notebook itself is just a little book I picked up at Walmart called "Fat Little Notebook".

There wasn't room in the box to put tags on the notebook so I made corner bookmarks to mark it off in sections.  You know...gifts to purchase...things to do....grocery list...

And a little note to remind me not to lose sight of the magic.  :)

Papers used were Close to My Heart - "Believe" and the stamp set was also
CTMH - "Christmas Love".  The labels were cut with the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  So easy to use and so many labels to choose from.

In the coming days, may your Christmas have never ending magic!
Linda



3 comments:

  1. Love the box! Very pretty! Check out www.flylady.com-she has a "holiday control journal"--it helps a lot---as does the daily journal. Thanks for the compliments on my baby album-and blog! Yes, I was a dog lover too--had to have my angel on earth put down at 14 1/2--and it's taken 7 cats to fill the void! Lol! Blessings, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one pretty box. I really like it.
    Regards from Germany.
    Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you found me through Pintrest! Thanks for your nice comments...This box is a great idea. I'm going to have to keep this in mind. Kristen

    ReplyDelete