Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Me and My Dad


The May challenge at Scrap That! was to mist the background on a LO. 
It was a huge amount of fun and a totally new experience for me.  I love misting!  Who'd a thunk it.  I misted pretty heavily with Perfect Pearls blue smoke and it was running all over the place.  Usually this would have driven me crazy but I discovered it was wonderful.  The more it ran, the prettier it got!  So fun. 
Once I got going I couldn't stop.  I sprayed chipboard with Tattered Angels olive vine mist and it was so pretty.  I love, love, love that shade of green.  After I was done spraying the chipboard, I patted a piece of matte paper down on the leftover ink and got a gorgeous piece of green paper to mat the word "love" with and still have a nice sized piece left to use in a future project!  
The cog frame is from Dusty Attic and I altered it using a tutorial  from Swirlydoos called: Vintage Metal Look.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I love that technique.  I highly recommend taking a look at the tutorials on Swirlydoos, they are so clear and explicit. 
Tip:  When working with a glue gun, if your glue hardens before you can place the item on your layout, use your embossing heat tool to re-soften.  It works like a charm!
Oh and by the way, if you're interested in doing the challenge at Scrap That!  It's on until the 17th, so you've still got time! http://www.scrapthat.ca/,
This picture is of my son and grandson taking a walk through the Calgary Zoo in March this year.
This is a closeup of the DA cog frame to show you how pretty it is.  The flower embellishment is made by Kay.  I bought it from her etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/kaylori77.  She does beautiful work and the bead flowers just sparkle.

A couple of views of that beautiful TA olive vine green.  It has a pretty gold shimmer to it.    So pretty.  I lightly inked the edges with Tsukineko Walnut Ink.
Thanks for looking.  I hope you're having a great day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment