Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Guest Designer - Power Poppy Stamps


Hi everyone! 
This is an exciting day for me as I have been invited to be a Guest Designer for the day, for Power Poppy stamps “Hues to Use” weekly colour inspiration.  As an avid gardener, I just cannot get enough of designer, Marcella’s, beautiful images of flowers and nature.




This was the color scheme I was given to work with for this week.


I was immediately in love with the earth colour palette and since Father’s Day was on the horizon, I chose to make a card for my dad using Leaping Trout.


When I start a project for a challenge like “Hues to Use”, I look at my digital images and pick one that would look good with the chosen colours.  Then I go to my stash of patterned paper and pull out colours in those same hues.  Finally, I sit down with my Copic markers and pick out ones that I feel go well with the paper.  The paper collection that I used for this card is an older one by Authentique, called “Strong.”


I wanted to frame the trout and make it the focal point on my card, so I added the Wreath:  Birch and Evergreens digital set and manipulated it on my computer to make it a rectangle instead of a square.


I am lucky to have a family who loves my cards and likes to keep them on display, so I chose this “fun fold” style for the base of my card as it sits nicely on the counter and looks pretty.  I first saw it on Berit Rosenfeldt’s blog where she shares the instructions on how to make it HERE.  This is Berit's card below.


It looks complicated, but it's just one card tucked and glued inside a "Z" fold card.


Here’s a close-up where you can see I added a little sparkle to the splashing water.


Here is a glimpse of the inside when it is unfolded and laying flat.  The Nature quote is included with Leaping Trout digital stamp set, and “Have a FinTastic Father’s Day” can be found in the Fly Guy digital set.


Be sure and check out “Hues to Use” every Tuesday.  It’s a great way to kick start your mojo if it’s in hiding!


Now for some HAPPY news...Right now, until the end of the month, Power Poppy Clear and Digital Stamps are 25% offAND new digital stamps have been added to the collection!  Does it get any better than that???  I think not!


Thanks for stopping by and sharing my wonderful day with me today!

Linda











7 comments: