Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Monday, February 20, 2017

Two People, One Love

Hi everyone,

I'm back today with another project that I have done for Wild Whisper Designs.



I decided to use the Rooted Love paper to create a wedding layout.

I started with the February sketch at Creative Scrapbooker Magazine.

When I'm using a sketch, I always go to Cricut's Design Space to work out the proportions of my paper and then to cut the pieces.  Below, I'm showing you the Cricut design, and the base of my layout after it's been cut on the cricut.


To embellish the layout I used my set of Heartfelt Creations Blushing Rose stamps and dies.


I only needed 3 ink pads and a waterbrush to watercolour everything.  If you haven't tried it, it is a lot of fun.  I take the ink pad and swipe it on my silicone mat and use it as a paint palette.  Because I wanted the leaves to blend in with the beautiful aqua colours of the paper, I chose a Lagoon colour to paint them, instead of a traditional green.



On the picture above, you can see where I painted double layers of the bigger flowers and glued them on top of each other to give the layout dimension.  That fabulous wooden "love" and the hearts are Wild Whisper products.


I used a pretty package of  Wild Whisper sequins in the centers of the flowers and scattered around the page.  They really add a pretty sparkle.


I cut the bird from one of the papers.


Another close up of the flowers with their sequin centers.


A tip when you're using a stamp set to embellish.... stamp LOTS of images so that you have plenty of leaves and flowers to work with.  To make the flower frame above, I not only used full stamps, but I stamped extra pieces and snipped off extra leaves and bloom to fill in here and there where I felt the layout was a little sparse.  That way you get a lush, fuller flower wreath.

I hope I have given you some ideas on how to use the Rooted Love papers during my guest month as a designer with Wild Whisper, and shown you how versatile they are.

I have truly enjoyed working with these papers, and a big thank you to Suzy and Heather for the opportunity!

Watch for their next paper collection in March!

Thank you so much for stopping by!

Linda






1 comment: