Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Breathe

We did a fun Round Robin at Swirlydoos this month.  Peggy, our host, asked us to create something that revolved around our dream get-away.  It could be a "someday"dream, one that is in the planning stages, or one that has been realized. 

My layout features a picture that I took this spring in Muir Woods, when we were vacationing in California. 

Years ago, when I was a teenager, I was on an outing with my family up in the northern woods of British Columbia. We had taken a boat to get to where we were picnicking, and I took off on my own to explore the forest that we were surrounded by. I have never forgotten the magical time I had walking alone in such quietness and beauty. 

I now live on the prairie, and don't travel to forests very often any more, but as soon as I entered Muir Woods, the magic came back! It was a dream come true for me to be able to experience that again. 

I found a piece from a poem that fits how I feel when I walk in the forest, and I used it for my journaling. 

"There is joy in the woods just now, The leaves are whispers of song, And the birds make mirth on the bough, And music the whole day long."  


This poem was wrote by Claude McKay and is called "Joy in the Woods".

Remember to breathe in those special moments!
Thanks for stopping by!
Linda



1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous page! Love the gold accents! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete