Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A "Secret Garden" full of fairies and bunnies


These are the kits that were offered in March from Scrap That!  The paper is a collection from Graphic 45 called "Once Upon a Springtime".  It is so beautiful and the fairy theme was perfect for doing a layout with my 3 year old grand-daughter in it.  She so loves fairies (and princesses too).  I am busy working on a layout right now with her in it and am having a great time fussy-cutting fairies, glittering up butterflies, and creating some flower and bead embellishments!

I have always done "flat" scrapbooking and this is a new journey for me... learning how to add depth.  I appreciate all the blogs where everyone has shared their tips, ideas, and layouts for inspiration.  I knew I was hooked when I found myself in Walmart, eyeing up a plastic shower scrubber in the bath section, and wondering what kind of flower could be made out of it!

I have decided when I do a layout, I'm going to add a poem or saying that means something to me in some way, as a gift to the person/persons in the layouts.  Here are some some lovely little stories about fairies that I thought I would share.  I love them because they remind me that we are surrounded by things of wonder, if we just look around and allow ourselves to see.  
Feel free to use them if they touch you in any way!

Few folk have seen a Fairy,
But I found this one for you.
If you believe with all your might
She'll make your dreams come true.

- Author unknown.

--"Once upon an enchanted evening, fireflies danced, and fairies made wishes come true..."
- Author unknown.

If we opened our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side. We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower. ~Samuel Smiles.


I particularly like this following one because it symbolizes the journey I am on right now as I deal with issues from menopause and struggle to find a new path for myself in this journey called life.  Re-connecting with my inner child is a little frightening as I had tucked her away to protect her.  This poem reminds me of the joy that can be found if I work through the fear:

GOSSAMER FLIGHT.
Deep inside the crystal forest
Where many fear to go
Is a place of peace and harmony
Where the springs of eternity flow.
This is where the faeries live
And pass away the hours
Dancing through the trees,
Playing in the flowers.
Faeries flitting on gossamer wings
Are a common sight.
Their wings of rainbow colors
Unfold quietly, taking flight.
Come and take the journey
To find your child within
Open up your heart and mind
And watch the magic begin.
~© By Christine McClimans aka Corky Ferguson ~

No comments:

Post a Comment