Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Camellia Card

Hi everyone,

I took a coloring class at Kit and Clowder this month, and having learned how to colour a "Power Poppy" Camellia, I then made a card with one.


In our class Alyce taught us to colour a red, pink and white camellia.  Since the challenge at Power Poppy this month, is to use greens, I made my camellias for my card all white and mounted them on green BoBunny paper from the "Soiree" collection.  


This is my image that Alyce taught us to colour in the online Monthly Colouring Class for February.  She has a class for both markers and pencils.  I was pretty pleased with my image!  I'm not sure which colour I liked the best... they were all pretty.  *hint *hint... She is still taking sign ups for this class until March 14th!  



Power Poppy has both digital and clear stamps available for sale.  This image, that we used, was a digital one.  So for the class I sized it to 7 inches, but for my card I resized it to a smaller size.  Because it is a digital file and Marcella also has it in a light tone to do 'No Line" colouring, I printed off an extra copy for the inside of the card and stamped Happy Birthday over top of it with an older  CTMH stamp  B1419 "Joyful Birthday". 

For the month of February the digital stamps are on sale for 25% off.  Marcella just released a new one today and it is a beauty!  (I might just have to go back AGAIN!)  LOL



I'm also entering this card into the Swirlydoos March card challenge.  Bec challenged us to use a die on our cards.  The die I used is  from the Spellbinders' set:  Nestabilities "Decorative Elements Oval Majesty". 

This card challenge is open to everyone.  Just register here to log into the forums and get started!  They're a great group over there!


One more tip about the digital images... I find Copics colour just fine with Epson InkJet ink.  I print them off and colour away without any bleeding.  The paper that I use is CTMH's White Daisy cardstock and it provides an excellent blending surface for me.  

So that's what I've been up to on a cold and snowy day!  Thanks for stopping by to peek in!

Linda


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. The decorative die is perfect with the camilla's. So pretty indeed. Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness -- this is absolutely gorgeous coloring all the way around Linda! I am with you, I wouldn't be able to pick a favorite color at all -- they are all beautiful. So glad you did a little show and tell by playing along in the Power & Spark Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card Linda, beautifully colours and congrats on the Power Poppy win

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Linda, this is one gorgeous card, love the lovely way you colored the flowers and the beautiful die you framed them with.
    Congratulations on your win over at the Power Poppy March challenge, enjoy your goodies.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Linda, this is one gorgeous card, love the lovely way you colored the flowers and the beautiful die you framed them with.
    Congratulations on your win over at the Power Poppy March challenge, enjoy your goodies.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Linda! Love the colors and design! Thanks so much for stopping by my place...

    ReplyDelete