Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Sunday, August 31, 2014

August Swirly Girls Challenge!

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to share a layout I did for the SGC monthly challenge at Swirlydoos.  Maggi had some specific rules for us:  It had to be a layout of a place we had visited - no people allowed!  It also had to incorporate cardboard and a title.  Would you believe it .... the title was what took me the longest!  :)

I chose a photo of a fountain in Sausalito from our holiday this spring.  I really loved not only the fountain, but the Seagull on it as well!  I thought it looked so pretty against the blue sky.  Because I caught all the water droplets in my photo, I chose to go with lots of sparkle on this layout.

The cardboard piece is tucked behind my title.  It has been die cut with a doily edge die, gessoed, and painted with an aqua colour of smooch paint.

The metal daisy at the top of the layout was my score of the day.  My daughter was cleaning out her jewelry box and gave me all kinds of goodies that I was doing a happy dance over!  :)

To increase the sparkle on this page, I edged it with Glitter Snow texture paste, and also stenciled it on here and there.


Here's a close up of the sparkle!


Today marks the end of this month's challenge.  My friend, Barbara, is hosting the September challenge and I know it will be a good one!  Can't wait to see what she has up her sleeve for us!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment