Welcome Everyone!

Remember to "click" on all pictures if you'd like to see them a little closer.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Time for a new CHALLENGE at Playing in Paradise!

Hi everyone,

Pam is hosting today's challenge at Playing in Paradise.  She would like to know ... Spring or Easter - What does it mean to you?  Your entry can be a layout, a card, an altered project, anything you like ... so have fun with this challenge!

I have always loved Easter. It is SO welcome after our long, cold winters!  I think my most favorite part is all the baskets of beautiful flowers that start to appear and put a smile on your face.  Today as I was grocery shopping, the shelves were full of tulips and azaleas and hyacinths and violets and lilies and all sorts of greenery ... it was WONDERFUL!!

So when I found this basket tutorial on Pinterest, I just HAD to make it.  :)  I used G45's Botanical Tea patterned papers, stickers, flowers and chipboard tags to create this.





This is a good sized basket and could be filled with a LOT of treats.  Even a small pot of flowers could be tucked inside!  The handle can be switched for a lid.  Or you could leave the handle off and use it for a flower pot.  Lots of possibilities!

For those of us who STILL use Imperial measurements, (even though Canada's gone to the Metric systems for MANY years now LOL),  here is what I used:

12x12 inch piece of card stock to cut out body of basket. (Each section is 4" square.)

My lace strips for the side were 1-1/4" wide by 4-1/4" long (My advice for these strips is to make a sample with the punch that you are planning to use, and try it out first because your widths might be different from mine.)

The squares for the inside of the box are 3-3/4 inches.

The handle is the same width as the lace strips, 1-1/4", and is 12" long.  

I used Scor Tape while assembling the basket, because it is strong gripping and I know my basket won't fall apart now. 

The tutorial has a lot of photos and detailed instructions and I found this basket very easy to make. 


Be sure to check out the post at Playing in Paradise and see what my team mates have to say about Spring and Easter.  Their projects are sure to WOW you!!

And THEN... think about giving the challenge a try yourself!  It's very easy to do, all the directions are right there, and we would LOVE to see what Spring and/or Easter mean to you!!


Have a wonderful time preparing for SPRING!

Linda




2 comments:

  1. This is spectacular Linda! I love the design and all the pretty embellishments. I think I will have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little basket, and just in time for all our Easter Moms!

    ReplyDelete